Contact Me

Thursday, February 17, 2011

"IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!"

I've just hung up the phone on a good friend of mine,he seems to be despondent to say the least.Now when a friend phones you, you know it can only be about 2 things he's upset about,money or relationships.Why do we get ourselves into these situations?I lived my life doing all the safe things i got a job and worked hard at it for 15 years,then realising i wouldn't go anywhere, i decided to start my own company.I forgot to mention i got married too and travelled the globe.
Normally we all need a catalyst:) Mine is my wife she puts 2 elements together me and a job and wants a reaction,money lol!
Of course i had to do things the hard way so i started importing products from China with 2  of my own branded companies,i started a Trucking Spares distribution business and a panelbeating business.Wow i must have been crazy!I t was the most difficult one and a half years i had.
Now as we know when you swim with sugar in your pocket some is gonna melt.
So after a year i realised time to focus on the two biggest earners the spares and the panelbeating which were all linked,and i gave up on the other ventures due to time constraints and not enough funding as my Spares business was holding up nearly three million of my capital.
Bad mistake,now after my main client went under so did i, because i didn't have my plan B in place.
The biggest problem you have when you lose everything is motivation.You also feel angry and  resentful as."It wasn't my fault."
To get your shit together and to climb out of that hole you dug takes a lot of will power.
Most of you guys in steady jobs realise you could be like me, and have nothing to fall back on if you get retrenched.
So i decided i have to get my mind right first as if you focus on the past you won't have a future.
I needed something to do that would give me my self respect back,so i started online marketing.
The main thing i wanted was to feel busy everyday so i wouldn't feel sorry for myself.At least the wife would think iam trying to get our llife back.
Strangely enough i realised i could actually do this.
I had a computer,commonsense and a credit card.Now it was time to find a business that would tick all my boxes.
1.Is it a scam?-no
2.Does it cost a lot to set up?-no
3.Is it reccession proof?-yes
4.Can i do it with my limited computer knowledge?-yes
5.Most importently:Is it fun?-Big Yes
Half the time all i'm doing is checking out social websites to generate new leads it has also brought me back to my childhood passion-Writing.
Don't have to be good at something to enjoy it:)
I will try to give daily accounts of how iam setting up this new business and if you need help or advice,i can be reached anywhere.If you also want to give advice,then you are indeed a friend.
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment